Monday, October 19, 2015

update

okay okay...I know we are long over due for an update...but in my defense I've been without my laptop for almost a month, as the screen cracked and it was in the repair shop...we finally got it back but the part was faulty...soo it is now back in the shop and I am using my old laptop, which really isn't reliable. But here's hoping it last long enough to get this post out!

So what's new in the Crazy Life of the Stephens? Well, not a lot really. Nick has been doing a little searching for a new job, or at least hoping to go full time at his second job and either quit or move to on call at his primary job. I have been picking up a few more hours at work which has been great. I also am now in the beginning stages of prepping for the GRE and preparing to apply for the dual MSW/MPH program at Portland State University. My hope is to do school part time if I can. I have a great foot in the door at the Health Department, and I have no intention of ever leaving them for as long as we are in Portland.

We have attended a few more events and have made a few friends. We went out for drinks with one of my coworkers and her partner a couple weeks ago and that was fun. We also have another friend who promises to take us on lots of awesome hikes this fall and winter. So we are super excited. We try and spend a lot of time especially on the weekends with our cousins, Heidi and Mantu and their girls who we completely adore! I got to participate in girls day last weekend with Heidi and her oldest daughter. We spent the day at the mall. What happens at girls day, stays at girls day. But I can tell you it was filled with shopping, chocolate and delicious food. Saturday and Sunday of this past weekend Nick was a super trooper and worked a double each day, basically 6 am to 11 pm both days, and again had to be back to work at 6am today! I spent yesterday at Apple Festival with Heidi and Mantu and the girls, we tried lots and lots of different apples, had delicious dessert, and then later Heidi and I went and got Vietnamese food for everyone and it was delicious! I surprised Nick when he got home with some warm apple cobbler with ice cream on top =)

So just a quick update for everyone, as I know many people have been asking.

We will try to write more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment