Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Excitement

Soo a couple exciting things happened in our life this past week. Nick was called in for a second interview last Friday and was offered a job on the spot. He will still be doing care taking in a residential setting but will be going back to working more with the mental health population, which he has enjoyed in the past! It is a filler shift so he could be working any shift that is needed, but the nice thing is if no one calls him for a shift then he can still go into the office to do work so that he still gets full time.
The other excitment in our life is that I have accepted a full time job with the Health Department in their HIV/STD/HEP program! As I mentioned in my last post I have no intention of leaving the health department for as long as we are in Portland, so I am super excited...and of course...benefits...which included is a free bus pass. For those who don't know, I mostly take the bus so I am super excited abut that perk lol. I have also been told that I got hired in super fast even for my current on call position, so I am feeling incredibly blessed and thankful. So I will still be doing the same stuff I am doing now in regard to needle exchange and naloxone training but in addition to that I will also be doing HIV/HCV testing, getting certified in phlebotomy, some wound care and medicaid and insurance enrollment. So I am super excited this is exactly where I wanted to be right now in terms of a good mix between social work and public health!!
Anyways that is our good news! We are extremely wonderful. Portland has been amazing to us!!

I will make Nick get on here and update as he finds out more about his new job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment