Friday, July 24, 2015

Finally on the road...



So as many of you know, Nick and I were supposed to be on the road from Michigan to Portland starting on Monday. But many of you also know that didn't work out so well for us as we didn't get our car back from the shop until Thursday afternoon. All week we've been super frustrated and angry as our car had been in this shop for over 2 weeks (since the day we came home from our honey moon....due to hitting a large piece of metal) We were supposed to be in Seattle by this afternoon for our good friends wedding which we are now very sadly going to miss. But we are now officially on the road and still trying to make a stop in Seattle to see the newlyweds and some other wonderful friends! We left Grand Rapids around 7pm on Thursday with our little Kia (Pearl) completely packed full. We've now been on the road for just over 13 hours! I am proud to say I drove the first 9 hours and even let Nick sleep some!! We switched around 4 am and I got some sleep, waking up about 20 minutes ago to a beautiful sign welcoming us to North Dakota! If we continue to drive straight through we will reach Seattle around 3 am. Which seems kind of silly so I'm sure we will stop some.
We appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers and best wishes! Thanks for reading =)

-Mrs. Stephens! (Hah...the joys of being a newlywed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment